We know - this process is tedious, messy and at points not translated. But we're working on making it better: towards the second half of 2019 we hope to release a brand new/simplified system. Until then this is how it works...
As a private person you can use the system completely free of charge via our web-based service at https://www.veoseleht.ee/Web/en/US/Home.mvc to expedite timber material (to contract a transporter for bringing material from your plot to a receiver).
As a private person it is not possible to use the system to provide transportation services nor to manage timber dispatches as a receiver.
To enter the system for the first time you'll need to log in via the Estonian ID-Card, Mobile-ID or - in case you are not an Estonian resident - via the e-resident's digi-ID.
Companies have to sign up for the service by filling in the data in the first section (marked in yellow) of the following application (currently available only in Estonian), add an e-signature via their ID-Card (non-Estonian company representatives can add e-signatures to documents via their e-resident's digi-ID) and send it to email@example.com. Please note:
- Non-Estonian companies can use the service only via their own system's integration. For this you will additionally need to request a certificate for authenticating your system against ELVIS
- for Estonian companies (including their Estonian and non-Estonian employees) ELVIS is available also via a web-based service at https://www.veoseleht.ee/Web/en/US/Home.mvc. For granting access to the the web service the company representative has to follow these steps (as the authentication system is available only for Estonian companies, then the authentication system and it's manuals are available only in the Estonian language). After access has been granted by the company's representative, users can enter the ELVIS web-based system by signing in via their Estonian ID-Card, Mobile-ID or - in case of non-Estonian employees of Estonian companies - via their e-resident's digi-ID. After authenticating for the first time, users will be able to generate a password and access the system using this password from this point on.
As soon we receive your application we'll open your company's account in ELVIS (and send your system integration certificate in case you requested one) - this normally doesn't take longer than one working day.
Cost of service
- Using the system is free of charge for timber owners and transporters
- Timber receivers will be billed 0,50€ + VAT per each received waybill and 7€ + VAT for each month they received a waybill. Members of the Estonian Forest and Wood Industries Association (EMPL), who participate in projects to improve and fund ELVIS development, are billed a deducted price of 0,20€ + VAT per each received waybill. These bills are issued on a monthly basis, in the begin of each month. In case your company didn't receive any waybills in some month, then you will also not be billed for that month
- To use the ELVIS service via your company's system integration, you'll need to request a certificate for authenticating your system against ELVIS
NB! Check for the existence of bilateral agreements between involved countries before performing cross-border transport weighing more than 40 tons
For transporting goods/materials with a total mass of over 40 tons over a country border there has to exist an according bilateral agreement between the involved countries for allowing this. As of begin of 2019 such agreement between Estonia and Latvia does not exist yet